A Little Does A Lot
Summer is a great time to volunteer as a family. With kids home from school and longer daylight hours it's the perfect time to join together and do something good for the world. You don't have to go far to volunteer or spend a lot of money to make a difference.
Inspiration can be found right in your own neighborhood. Here are some ideas:
- Help an elderly neighbor with chores like housekeeping or lawn maintenance
- Drive an elderly neighbor to doctor appointments or to the supermarket
- Help clean up a park or nature preserve
- Help clean up a beach
- Volunteer at the local animal shelter
- Volunteer to deliver meals to homebound individuals or seniors
- Volunteer at the local nursing home to help with events for residents
- Start a letter writing campaign for troops serving overseas
- Adopt seniors at a local nursing home and write letters to the residents. Send cards on holidays and their birthdays.